WholeReader
for immersive
reading
header-pic
header-pic header-pic
header-pic-bg header-pic
All platforms!
Web
Windows
macOS
Linux
Android
iOS
All platforms!
Web
Windows
macOS
Linux
Android
iOS
immersive reading

Combining the Ear and the Eye

By combining ear and eye, you get an immersive reading experience in which comprehension and vocabulary acquisition is optimized.

Make sure that the sound is on

Thousands of books

Including great storytelling, narrated by gifted actors and aligned word for word.

Benefits of Immersive Reading

features-picture
Enjoyment

A fun and engaging reading experience

features-picture
Speed

Narration sets the ideal pace of reading

features-picture
Comprehension

Engaging ear and eye boosts understanding

features-picture
Retention

Vocabulary, grammar and concepts are naturally assimilated

In 2018 Microsoft ran an experiment in immersive reading. Over just three months, students spending 30 minutes per week in immersive reading shot ahead of their peers by approximately a full academic year.

Microsoft Report

The average child at the 90th percentile reads almost two million words per year outside of school, more than 200 times more words than the child at the 10th percentile, who reads just 8,000 words outside of school during a year.

Cunningham and Stanovitch, “What Reading Does for the Mind”

How it works

This Immersive Reading technology dramatically boost you reading and listening comprehension skills. After 2 weeks you will see dramatic changes

1
Sign Up
feature-arrow
2
Take a test
feature-arrow
3
Select a book
feature-arrow
4
Read every day
article-pic-bg article-pic
Adaptive Leveling

Leveled reading enables vocabulary retention

English is a ladder with 20,000 word-family rungs. You must climb up the rungs, step by step, in order to reach the highest ranks of fluency. For optimal learning, read at 97% comprehension, leaving only 3% new words to remember.

article-pic-bg article-pic
Activity Reporting

Parent & teacher friendly

Students select a book and read along with narration for a regular time period each day. A daily report showing reading progress is provided to parents and teachers.

Frequently asked questions

In case you don't find an answer here, come to us Help center or write to us at support@wholereader.com
WholeReader. Empty coverWholeReader. Book is closedWholeReader. FilterWholeReader. Compilation cover