news’paper cold or’der seem through stock’ings chat sto’ry light Har’ry branch’es kiss burns Mrs. e vents’ an oth’er Mr. stool lamp mends
EVENING AT HOME.
1. It is winter. The cold wind whistles through the branches of the trees.
2. Mr. Brown has done his day’s work, and his children, Harry and Kate, have come home from school. They learned their lessons well to-day, and both feel happy
3. Tea is over. Mrs. Brown has put the little sitting room in order. The fire burns brightly. One lamp gives light enough for all. On the stool is a basket of fine apples. They seem to say, “Won’t you have one?”
4. Harry and Kate read a story in a new book. The father reads his newspaper, and the mother mends Harry’s stockings.
5. By and by, they will tell one another what they have been reading about, and will have a chat over the events of the day.
6. Harry and Kate’s bedtime will come first. I think I see them kiss their dear father and mother a sweet good night.
7. Do you not wish that every boy and girl could have a home like this?
beau’ti ful porch rain’bow burst bub’bles same big’gest sneeze col’ors main soap wash red ma’ny